Chiropractic focus of treatment is to detect and correct Subluxations with specific Chiropractic “adjustments”.

What is Subluxations?

Subluxations or (vertebra subluxations) is when one or more of the bones of your spine (vertebrae) move out of position and create pressure on, or irritate spinal nerves. Spinal nerves are the nerves that come out from between each of the bones in your spine. This pressure or irritation on the nerves then causes those nerves to malfunction and interfere with the signals traveling over those nerves.

How does this affect you?  Your nervous system controls and coordinates all the functions of your body. Our nerves and spinal cord are protected by the skull and spinal bones. Messages are sent from the brain to every structure, organs and cells in our body. These messages are sent from the brain, down the spinal cord and to their associated regions via the spinal nerves. Spinal nerves exit your spine through the intervertebral foramen which is a small space created between each spinal bones with the disc. It is at this exit that nerves are vulnerable to irritation or pressure.

Studies from the University of Colorado have shown that just the weight of a small coin on a nerve can substantially reduce nerve function by up to 60%. These irritations can be caused by bad posture, spinal misalignment, spinal deformities such as scoliosis, degenerative disc or spinal arthritic formations, disc bulges, protrusions, and/or herniation, repetitive stress injuries.

Medical sciences have shown that if the nerves in your neck are irritated, you may experience headaches, dizziness, blood pressure issues, nausea, forgetfulness, migraines, insomnia, neck/shoulder/arm pain, numbness or paraesthesia.

If the irritation involves the nerves in your upper body, complaints such as breathing difficulties, anxiety, gastric or cardiac problems, heartburn, dyspepsia or refluxing are not uncommon.

Nerves in the lower back innervate your bowel, bladder and reproductive organs. Some patients may complain of lower back or leg, pain/numbness or paraesthesia whilst others may endure bloatedness, painful menstruation, loss of libido, increased frequency of urination or defaecation, constipation, diarrhea or altered bowel and bladder behavior.

What is chiropractic “adjustment”?

The adjustment is a specific low force to re-align the vertebrae, thus removing the nerve interference and restoring proper function of the spine. It is gentle, and is completely drug free. Chiropractic adjustment done so manually with both of our chiropractors hands onto a patients laying on a chiropractic bed.

It is a scientific fact that everything in your body is controlled by your nervous system and your body has the ability to heal itself. If you have an injury, cut or wound, what heals you? Your body does. How does it do that? Your immune system and self-healing mechanism, which are controlled by your nervous system.

No pain does not mean no problem. Did you know that less than 10% of your nerves have been assigned to perceive pain. The other 90% is to keep your blood pressure stable, body temperature steady, immune system intact, normalize movement and circulation and etc. Many health conditions or nerve irritation such as disc bulges, arthritis, heart diseases, kidney and liver problems have NO symptoms. If you do feel pain, it is your body’s way of saying, it has had enough.

Symptoms are your body’s way of alerting you that something is wrong. By the time you experience these symptoms or signs, you may have unknowingly endured spinal related disorders for many years. Chiropractic focuses on the root of the problems and not just the symptoms.

It is the responsibility of our doctor of Chiropractic to locate your subluxations, and reduce or correct them. This is done through a series of chiropractic adjustments specifically designed to correct the vertebral subluxations in your spine.

Make An Appointment

For appointments or any enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us via:.